Are you consuming the proper amount of vegetables and fruits in your daily diet? According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), adults should consume between 7 and 13 cups of produce per day. Unfortunately, however, only a very small percentage of people actually achieve this amount, resulting in an increased risk of diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and other health problems. Today I would like to show you how to make a perfect green smoothie!
If you struggle to consume the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables, you should try making a green smoothie. Just a single 12-ounce smoothie — when made using the right ingredients — can yield up to four servings of produce each. Drinking this mega-health beverage in conjunction with your regular meals can bump your fruit/vegetable consumption over the recommended amount.
Now for the million-dollar question: how do I make the perfect green smoothie? There’s really no wrong way to create a green smoothie — as long as you add nutritious ingredients. With that said, a good rule of thumb to follow is to add 60% fruit and 40% vegetable. This ratio will keep your green smoothie nutritious but also enjoyable to drink at the same time. Many beginners make the mistake of creating an all-vegetable smoothie, only to discover that it’s too tart and/or bland for their liking. Adding fruit, however, will create a more palatable flavor that most people prefer to all-vegetable smoothies.
Tips For Creating The Perfect Green Smoothie:
- Experiment with a variety of different fruits and vegetables to see what works and what doesn’t.
- Green smoothies should be consumed within 12 hours for maximum enjoyment.
- Some of the different greens to consider using in your smoothie include kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, broccoli, etc.
- Place a splash of organic apple cider vinegar in your green smoothie for an added kick of nutrition.
- If your smoothie is too thick, try adding almond or organic soy milk or a small amount of organic fruit juice to improve its consistency.
- Try adding one or two tablespoons of coconut oil to your smoothies to add short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight and boost your immunity.
- Another tip to improve your green smoothie is to add a scoop of vegan protein. Just a single scoop can help make your smoothie a complete meal.
Now you know how to make a perfect green smoothie!
Contact our patient coordinator to review what Dr Rodney and the Dunetz Wellness Center – Acupuncture Boca Raton can do for a healthier you.
CALL US TODAY! 1-(844)-386-3891